While “The 49th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards” are set to air live on Friday, June 24 on CBS, the Creative Arts & Lifestyle Awards ceremony will stream live exclusively online on Saturday, June 18 at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT.
The awards honor the best in their craft including Outstanding Culinary Series, Culinary Host, Lifestyle Program, Guest Performance in a Daytime Drama Series, Short Form Daytime Program, Daytime Special, Entertainment News Series, Multiple Camera Editing, Hairstyling, Makeup, Casting and Original Song, among many others.
In total, 34 awards will be presented during the Creative Arts & Lifestyle Awards ceremony, including the presentation of the Lifetime Achievement Award to the PBS series “This Old House” which is currently airing its 43rd season on the public broadcaster.
To watch the online exclusive broadcast of the Creative Arts & Lifestyle Awards ceremony, make sure to register for an account ahead of time by visiting watch.TheEmmys.tv. The stream is set to begin promptly at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT. You can also view the stream via The Emmys App available on multiple platforms such as the Apple App Store, Amazon App Store and the Google Play Store for iOS, tvOS, Android, FireTV, and Roku-enabled devices, among others.
Scheduled presenters for the ceremony include soap stars Jennifer Gareis (“The Bold and the Beautiful”), Raven Bowens (“Days of our Lives”), Tajh Bellow (“General Hospital”) and Kate Linder (“The Young and the Restless”). Also scheduled to present are Tina Knowles-Lawson (“Talks with Mama Tina”), Michael & Bianca Alexander (“Conscious Living”), Daym Drops (“Fresh, Fried & Crispy”), Judge Frank Caprio (“Caught in Providence”), Samantha Brown (“Samantha Brown’s Places to Love”) and Sophia Roe (“Counter Space”).
What follows is the full list of categories to be presented during Creative Arts & Lifestyle Awards Ceremony:
- Outstanding Travel, Adventure and Nature Program
- Outstanding Instructional and How-To Program
- Outstanding Arts and Popular Culture Program
- Outstanding Entertainment News Series
- Outstanding Daytime Special
- Outstanding Culinary Series
- Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program
- Outstanding Lifestyle Program
- Outstanding Short Form Daytime Program
- Outstanding Interactive Media for a Daytime Program
- Outstanding Daytime Promotional Announcement
- Outstanding Guest Performance in a Daytime Drama Series
- Outstanding Culinary Host
- Outstanding Daytime Program Host
- Outstanding Writing Team for a Daytime Non-Fiction Program
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Single Camera Daytime Non-Fiction Program
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Multiple Camera Daytime Non-Fiction Program
- Outstanding Music Direction and Composition
- Outstanding Original Song
- Outstanding Lighting Direction
- Outstanding Technical Team, Camera Work, Video
- Outstanding Cinematography
- Outstanding Single Camera Editing
- Outstanding Multiple Camera Editing
- Outstanding Live Sound Mixing and Sound Editing
- Outstanding Sound Mixing and Sound Editing
- Outstanding Main Title and Graphic Design
- Outstanding Casting
- Outstanding Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scenic Design
- Outstanding Costume Design/Styling
- Outstanding Hairstyling
- Outstanding Makeup
- Outstanding Special Effects Costumes, Makeup and Hairstyling
- Lifetime Achievement Award: This Old House
For a full list of nominated shows, click here.
Since 1974, The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has been honoring a variety of categories, including daytime dramas, talk shows, instructional programming, hosting, and legal/courtroom programs. In 2021, NATAS and the Television Academy jointly announced plans to realign the Daytime and Primetime Emmy Awards to be organized by content genre, as opposed to program airtime. In addition, in recognition of the marked increase in content and entries for children’s programming, 2022 will mark the first annual Children’s & Family Emmy Awards, with relevant categories separating from the Daytime Emmys into their own competition and ceremony. All awards are judged by a pool of peer professionals from across the television industry.